About Rocco Macri
Prior to engaging in photography as a full time business, Rocco Macri worked in the printing industry as a journeyman lithographer and graphic artist. With this solid background, he graduated top of his class in the Graphic Arts Program.
He topped up his hefty skills by obtaining specialized Photoshop training at Fanshawe College, London Ontario.
In 1982, Rocco began Macri Photography in Edmonton, Alberta. Macri Photography is now located on a beautiful acreage minutes east of Edmonton and Sherwood Park.
Macri Photography has accreditation in Commercial, Food and Dining, Illustrative, Industrial, and Fashion photography.
Additionally, Macri has travelled the world to obtain original, high-quality, stock images. Uniquely, he has also clocked many hours as an aerial photographer. As a multiple award-winning photographer, Macri continuously strives to hone his skills and perfect his craft.
• 2013 Pixoto members voted two of Rocco Macri’s images as top 20% in the Landscape category.
NOTE: Pixoto is a unique stock photography company with more than 100,000 members worldwide.
Over 1.5 million photos have been ranked by 75 million votes.
• 2001 Fuji Professional Portrait Outstanding Achievement
• 1998 Professional Photographers of Canada Loan Collection Travel Image
• 1995 Kodak Professional Gallery Award for Architecture
• 1995 Master of Photographic Arts (MPA)
NOTE: Few photographers achieve this degree in the course of their career.
The MPA is bestowed by the Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC).
It is based on both the work produced and a dedication to the improvement of the photography industry as a whole.
• 1995 Alberta Professional Photographers Association (APPA) Commercial Photographer of the Year.